Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Departure from California and Arrival to Liberia

Leaving California was a bitter-sweet time. I had a great time the last days before my trip, with my roommate and fiancé getting ready to leave, but at the same time I had moments of sadness because I would miss them, and because I didn't get to spend much time with other friends. Also a gathering with friends to pray for me and my time in Liberia was special.




We spent a good time trying to pack books, tools, battery fan, flashlights, battery charger, seeds, plus clothes and 4 months supply of shampoo, tooth paste and other toiletries.
I could only take three 50 pounds suitcases and two carry ons; it was difficult but we did it. We didn't have to leave anything behind and I had no problem checking in luggage. 1st of many praises.



You never realize how tired you are, until you can sleep all the way from California to Liberia and from the airport to home. The total time between departure and arrival was 27 hours.



Today I took it easy, Christine brought me breakfast to my room (I guess a welcome home treat), worked a little bit on plans for the week, and after dinner we went to the beach. We didn’t get to spend much time there since it was already dark; we only went to pick up a laptop donated to REAP.


A nice surprise this morning was to meet a girl from California and her 2 year old daughter. Her name is Malesha and works for God’s Kids, she will be here for 3 years; it would be nice to have company in the house, as well to have someone to do things with on the weekends or afternoons.



        Tomorrow we will have a REAP staff meeting to start working with them and see what other things I would be doing.

This is REAP's office and also the guest house where Maresha & me live as well as other missionary groups when they come for short term missions.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Laura for delivering the camera. May God continue to bless you in Liberia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, thanks for the photos and keeping us all in the loop so we can pray with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the updates Laura, I'm keeping you in my prayers. God Bless!!!

    ReplyDelete